Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a little corner "potty" and some "potty litter" for Gus, to see if we could keep his home a little cleaner and less smelly.

He is one smart rat - he knew EXACTLY what the potty was for, and has been using it consistantly since I got it for him! And he's only about six months old...not a Geezer, or anything.

Also, he knows the word "corn," and if I should say it, he will stop what he's doing, and come out to see if I'm going to give him part of an ear of corn. (Corn is his favorite "treat.")

During playtime one day, I had part of a corn-on-cob for him, and also tried "fishing for corn." He just kept going back and forth between them..."Why are these corns in water, and those corns are on a cob?" :lol:

I don't know much about teaching your rat "tricks," but as far as I'm concerned, knowing where to GO and where not to GO is a pretty darn important "trick" for all animals! ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
smart boy :D once i had this gerbil his name was stuart.and everytime i put my hand in his cage he climbed up and on my shoulder.he also knew his name and sometimes he came if i sayd it.

·
Registered
814 Posts
What a smart little one!! Must be just like his mommy :p I've been playing with the idea of getting a potty for the ratties I have.... and ...Still playing lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts