Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are 2 baby girl rats (8wks old) born from a wild sewer rat I rescued who snuck out for some hanky panky with my "fancy" boys.

They have been socialized with a room full other bottle-drinking rats from an early age & completely idolize all the older girls here - but they won't drink water the way everyone else does.

They REFUSE. They want the water they see inside the bottle & water that's been rolled out of the nozzle ball as long as it's on a tissue or cloth but they are completely repelled by the silver tap. They also don't like water poured in a bottle cap or even in a miniature easy-to-lick puddle spread on a surface. I give them a lot of grapes & kale so they don't dehydrate, but they would sooner die than touch water.

What's their deal? I've tried all i can think.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Rats in the wild are used to drinking from open water sources, even pet rats when given the chance would rather drink from an open water sources. You can try to give them a water bowl that hooks onto the bars (that way it won't spill) and see if they'd rather drink from there.

Something like this:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts