Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there was an ad for a female rat that was supposed to go to a new home, but the lady who wanted her never showed up. Just waiting for the owner of the baby to contact me. Pray'n the baby didn't go for snake food, as the owner was giving it away for a buck! The 5 month old baby looks like a black berk standard ear.

My parents are gonna kill me if they ever find out I'm planning on a fourth rat, LOL!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Grrrr.... I hate it when people don't answer their ads. The lady never contacted me about the baby rat, despite her urgency to get rid of the rat 'now'. So I'm trying another person. Stresses the babies are handled and males and females available. I'm Pretty stoked :) I'll update everyone when (or if) I hear back from these people.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The second person I contacted about baby rats contacted me. She clearly doesn't know much about rat colors, calling them a 'peachy colour and white' and one of the females being a 'brown and white'. Heck, she wasn't even sure if she had Dumbos or not! Makes me wonder if this was an oops litter. As long as the rats are healthy and handled, I don't care. She promised me some pictures tomorrow. Fingers crossed that she follows through with her promise :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never got pictures, but I am seeing the babies tomorrow! I've already got a name for the girl I'm keeping. Calling her Nova. Now to choose someone who fits the name, LOL!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, turns out the babies - most of them- were stuck with mom and they're at breeding age. Despite the boys and girls being separated, all the girls are likely knocked up, including mom. Again. I decided to take home mom. I figured she would have a better place to birth by being in a cage and not a tub, and separated by sex before her babies could breed.

So Momma Nova it is! She's a beige Dumbo I think (You coat experts please correct me if I'm wrong). Below are her pix:

Momma Nova 1 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

Momma Nova 2 by Vampiric Conure, on Flickr

·
Registered
199 Posts
Your rat is adorable! It's so hard to find good rat breeders in a lot of places, it's so sad that your breeder doesn't seem like the best (no offense, it was the breeder's fault really, if you know what I mean), but congratulations! I'm sure you'll have fun with Momma Nova!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Rusty7! :D ! Yeah... The lady I got Nova from was.. I dunno. She cared but her care could have been better. The breeder I got the sisters Proxima, Prima and Solus from was much much better :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts