Rat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, finally after a cracked tail bone, lots of sewing (some of which through my finger), and looking through home depot annd my dad's workshop, i have got the cage so both me and the furry cuteness' love! my camera doesn't have batteries because i keep forgetting sso i wont be able to get pictures until friday at the latest >< here's how i know the rats love it: ozzy, has NEVER liked hammocks, i found her asleep in one of them taday :mrgreen: there is a tube thing, similar to the one in forensic's cage that i found in my dad's workshop, and hyper is always in it!

ill try to give a description:

bottom floor:
litter box in back left corner, green igloo in back right corner, pvc pipe in front right corner

2nd floor:
plexi glass bottom (takes 2 seconds to wipe and NO smell *does happy dance*)
food dishes, water bottle (pretty boring, but they dont use that shelf)

3rd floor:
dryer vent ducting (that tube) all around, right and left sides high, middle low, rope (diagonally from the side to the bottom

top floor:
big fleece hammock in the middle, in the back right corner is a small hammock that ozzy sleeps in, in the front right corner is the white hammock

·
Registered
155 Posts
Re: awesome new cage reno!

that is big i only have a two story cage for my wonderful rats. here is what mine looks like

1st floor:
right back corner a hammock.
left wall a water bottle

2nd floor
one hammock
cloths
water bottle
food dish
swingy rope thing

boring isn't it?
i am so jealous of you.

·
Registered
500 Posts

Sounds great! I agree, can't wait to see the pics...mind if I ask how much the materials cost? (Not trying to be rude...thinking about building my own as well, may steal some ideas from you... :wink: ) And what are the dimensions?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

the plexi glass was $9, litter box $1, igloo $5 everything else i found around the house

·
Registered
500 Posts

That's amazing...lol, I'm definitely giving it a try. For that price, even if it doesn't turn out, I didn't waste much money. :wink: My dad is a carpenter and should have plenty of materials.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

all the pics are uploading to my computer right now, it's not so great after looking at night's cage :( but i also added a tube hammock they love :)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

top:

ozzy in her tube hammock

middle:
hyper in the tube

i dint bother posting bottom floor pics because the bottom is boring, buut you guys just wait till after christmas, mwa ha ha ha, there go my life's savings :roll:

whole cage (most pics taken from ontop of my bunkbed :D
you can see ozzy's little nose peeking out :D

nicely decorated for christmas (not really)

·
Registered
407 Posts
you havce a cute room! I wish my kids wantedtheir rooms like that - instead of black, black and more black.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it's only like that because it was done when i was 8 years old, i hate it, i'd rather it black black and more black like my other room : )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts