Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My other rats never poop on me, but this 8 weeks old baby does, and she isn't scared, she is tame, and I don't think she uses the potty either, while my other rats do it for the most part.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yep this is normal, for a good few days baby rats tend to fear poop everywhere. They soon learn you mean no harm and it will stop :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Exactly what Adeliek said!

My boy Sasha took a while to figure out that he shouldn't poop on me, but now he's got it down pretty well and waits for me to set him down before defecating or urinating. I just have to remember to let him down quickly, ahaha.

·
Registered
952 Posts
lol Shakespeare is a fully grown man rat and he still poops on me. He isnt scared he just chills with me and well sometimes he poops. Get used to it your a rat owner XD

·
Registered
874 Posts
lol Shakespeare is a fully grown man rat and he still poops on me. He isnt scared he just chills with me and well sometimes he poops. Get used to it your a rat owner XD
Haha... My Mischief the rat not the group... He doesn't poop on me but if he smells his arch enemy has been around ( my foster rat that stayed, they hate each other) he poops on the floor where Monty has been, then the little **** if you'll pardon the pun jumps up and down on the spot to get our attention. :D

One of my new babies pooped on the bed while running around in the first day or so, but has learned quickly not to when out of the cage. I'm very fortunate I guess. Exempt for Mischief, bug when he's been out I know where to check his spots. He's just so **** cute about it though. One of his spots are on the toilet floor...at least he's in the right room and the floor is tiled:)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I hate baby rat poo. Rocco has the worst poops ever! Idk if it's whatever he was eating before, or because I switched his foods... But his poop is mushy and smells sooooooooo bad. It is awful. I don't really potty train the girls, they are older so I just let them be old grumps. My old rat just learned on his own to be potty trained. I have to figure out how to train Rocco.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I know what you mean gotchea...Shakespeare has a squishier poo than the others. And they are MASSIVE like an inch in length and about 4 cm diameter. I dont know how he does it...And we are talking one turd here not 2 pushed together.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Haha... My Mischief the rat not the group... He doesn't poop on me but if he smells his arch enemy has been around ( my foster rat that stayed, they hate each other) he poops on the floor where Monty has been, then the little **** if you'll pardon the pun jumps up and down on the spot to get our attention. :D

One of my new babies pooped on the bed while running around in the first day or so, but has learned quickly not to when out of the cage. I'm very fortunate I guess. Exempt for Mischief, bug when he's been out I know where to check his spots. He's just so **** cute about it though. One of his spots are on the toilet floor...at least he's in the right room and the floor is tiled:)
lol he knows "We poop here" such a smart little dude.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Every new rat does this. I know you mentioned yours is tame so idk if you mean that you have had yours for a long time already or if you just feel that it is not scared of you. But i am guessing it is new and you just don't sense fear from it. Cuz mine didn't necessarily show fear either but that is still fear poop and they will adjust after probably a week at the most. Most likely sooner. It would be very unlikely if you had a rat that permanently pooped on you like Zabora does lol although I will always deal with having to pick up poo off my bedroom floor. I was very lucky though with my new baby I just picked up and I got to skip the fear poop stage because she was so well socialized before i got her. She was handled everyday since birth and even though she is afraid of me since i'm a new person she isn't afraid enough to poop when i handle her.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yep Shakespeare is just weird like that. Well i dont mind at all so its not a big deal. However should a rat be a shoulder rat they sometimes dont jump down to poo and will instead do it right there on your shoulder along with pee...Now whats what I hate...the pee..

·
Registered
195 Posts
Dahlia pooped on me constantly up until a few days ago! Now if only they would stop peeing on me all the time!

I'm sure the girls would tell me if I would stop washing off all the pee on my hands, they wouldn't have to keep doing it :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yep Shakespeare is just weird like that. Well i dont mind at all so its not a big deal. However should a rat be a shoulder rat they sometimes dont jump down to poo and will instead do it right there on your shoulder along with pee...Now whats what I hate...the pee..
I agree. Don't mind the poops, it's the wee. My boys still wee all over us, the couches, everywhere. They poop in the litter box. I've tried the pee stone in their letterbox, rubbed it full of their wee, but it's not working. I'll leave the stone in there and let's see. Maybe one day they'll use it😊

1 - 12 of 12 Posts