Rat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the topic says my baby rats seem to be having a problem with really soft stools this morning. I picked them up and they both pooped on me immediately. One of them seems okay, I think he's my big sleepy baby. The other then proceeded to have a soft poop and when I tried putting him back in the cage he ran up my sleeve peed a little and pooped in my sleeve, a very soft poop, practically diarrhea.I'm wondering if this is possibly that one of them is eating most of the vegetables? I gave them a little bell pepper, zucchini and lettuce last night. I also removed their water bowl because I want them to use the bottle exclusively, as I said in my hello thread they seemed to prefer the bowl, but I know the bottle is better all around.Should I be worried? I mean I caught it immediately it seems like. Is it possible that I just gave them too many vegetables for such young babies? I'm not quite sure how much they should be getting apart from the whole 80/20 percentages I've read.I know it's probably because I'm a first time rat owner, and they've only been here for 3 days now, but it worries me, even though neither is acting really differently. Just the one is having soft stools.Should I be worried or should I just keep an eye on him and see how it progresses? Should I maybe put some pedialite in their water bottle or something? Or is there any way to make it better?I'm sorry if I seem a little neurotic. I just really am not sure, and they are so tiny...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.