Rat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is the first baby rat I've ever owned. I've gotten my other 3 (2 have passed now) from rescues and such. Anyways, meeps is about 5 weeks old and is slowly coming around. When I try to pick him up he jumps to get away, but the very second I can keep ahold of him he snuggles up to me and goes to sleep. Now my question... he's loud, like really loud when I let him free range then again after he's been free for awhile and I try to hold him. He chirps like a bird, huffs and puffs a bit, then spins around and goes to sleep on me. Is it normal for them to chirp like this? To make weird huffing noises almost like he's trying to fake a sneeze? Also, I think he has OCD. Seriously, I must sound like a loon here, but he has to spin around 3 times before he lays down. I don't understand, it's the weirdest thing ever. Even when your holding him and he wants to go to sleep he spins around exactly 3 times. He's back in the cage and gets up to get a drink and goes back to lay down, he spins again exactly 3 times. Any thoughts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts