Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boy Odin (1 year 7 Months) has Hind Leg Degeneration. It's not too bad, but it is noticeable. He has always been a chunky, squishy boy, but now he is losing weight. I can feel his back bone a lot more than I want to and I can also feel his hips bones a little bit. I'm about to start giving him high calorie foods and I wanted to know if Baby Rice Cereal is ok as I have some left over.

He still gets around ok and he still eats, but he isn't food obsessive like he used to be lol.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Its a staple in my house when my rats get ill. I always have some on hand. Mix it with some water ( And ensure if you have any) and heat it up in the microwave. If you have any baby foods, yogurts or juices ( Not oranage juice) You can add that as well! If you run out, you can get some at walmart for really cheap, like 1.87 for the presidents choice brand. I highly suggest it.

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
Yep it's fine though try adding in a few low sugar breakage cereals and some dried veg to add texture and reduce protien a little. i tend to make up a balanced soakable mix for mine and then give then some senior fish based wet dog food occasionally and some cooked white rice with egg in it. i basically take them out of the group and give them an extra meal a day to top them up. My old man tam is on this regime and doing well

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You mean breakfast cereals? I'll do that! I'll make a store run tomorrow. I just used what I had on hand tonight since I got in late. Thanks for the replies :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts