Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Umm i had a thought... well sorta.. i wanna get 2 large Ferret Nation cages ((one for girls and one for boys)).. and yea i know its ganna cost me about $300+ dollars but i think its worth the money. Anyway.. umm do all rats fit in the Nation cages or will some be able to sqeeze through the bars of the cage??
do i need to take note on how big my rats are to get the cage or can any rat stay in any Ferret Nation cages??

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
FNs have 1 inch spacing. Some smaller rats can get through the spacing. If you can weigh your rats that might help otherwise you may just have to try it and then invest in hardware cloth if it doesn't work.

And why get two when you could get one and separate the levels?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seporate the levels... can i do that?? and how??

·
Registered
997 Posts
A nifty feature of the FN is you can close off the levels from each other by latching the ladder up to the ceiling/floor. To further make this change permanent, you can e-mail Midwest for a replacement full cage liner.

I'd say if you plan to put girls and young boys in the FN, go ahead and get the hardware cloth. I was so dissapointed to learn my girls could slip right through(though, Meromi was the escape artist and Acid was just fine in the cage).

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh ok.. that works, thanx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts