Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Wowee, that is big! It seems veeeery easy to clean with all those awesome doors but alas, it's plastic, and plastic soaks up urine and scent like anything. After a while it'd smell awful!

·
Registered
16 Posts
the tommy cages are actually AWSOME and dont usually to the absorbtion thing too much (ive got a friedn who keept an intact englop buck in a special made one for 3 years now and no smell problems...

and thats an AWSOME prices, id expect to pay that for 1 of the tommy here!

the bar space IS however kinda wide not suitable for younguns or small females without some extra hardware cloth

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I LOVE that cage. I've been drolling over the Tommy 102 T3. I wish I could get those here. :) I haven't found the bigger Tommy cages around here, though the smaller ones are available.

it's plastic, and plastic soaks up urine and scent like anything. After a while it'd smell awful!
I've not noticed my Superpet cages (plastic) smelling! Not even our donated plastic-based cages, of which we have many. Or our Martin's bases, which are plastic. In fact, I don't think I own a cage that doesn't have plastic, except the All Living Things cages with metal bases! Even the FN pans are plastic.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
soft plastic will absorb odor as its more porous, however, most bases and levels for rodent cages are made of hard plastic which is less porous and so does not hold odor well. perhaps if used constantly for a very long time you may notice a slight smell, but even then its unlikely if you've been doing proper cleanings all that time.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it just looks fab and plenty of space for hammocks in the top section..
i know what other half is buying me for my birthday in march!!!!
[my birthday always seems to turn out to be ratties birthday.lol]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow that does loo amazing...I do wish I could get one of those here!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts