Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have the stainless steel ones and ordered them an extra 1/2" tall (so 3" instead of 2.5"). I paid an extra $6 per pan for this and had to call my order in.

I think they do an ok job, but I've had cages with 4" bottoms that have not kept all the bedding in before. They certainly do a much better job than the flat ones that come with the DCN.

It helps if you use less bedding... I use maybe 1" of aspen with a thin layer of pine pellets below that to absorb moisture and it works great. I still have to sweep around the cage, but I'm fine with that as the litters works much better than fleece at odor control.

·
Registered
908 Posts
You won't be disappointed. I'd suggest paying the extra $ for the stainless steel as the others need to be sealed or powder-coated before using. flowertown chinchillas in Canada also sells pans.. They sell powder-coated ones that are either 2.5" (upper pan) or 3" (lower pan) tall. Their prices are good, but shipping can be steep. Shipping isn't cheap at Bass either, but unless you live very close to Canada, it is probably cheaper than flower town.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool ty the pans that come with my dcn are the only thing i dont like about the cage. almost wished i went with a martins

·
Registered
908 Posts
Yeah, but the DCN is easier to clean IMO and easier to hang stuff in. I love my DCNs now that I have metal pans in them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts