Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got them thinking they would be good for my room, sense the gel things only last a week, Whats everyone thought on using them in my room where the rats are? for people that don't know what the freshener is it is basically a disk with liquid scented stuff in it.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I wouldnt use it. Rats have highly sensitive noses and air fresheners really bother them. I make my husband use his body spray outside instead of in the bathroom as they start sneezing no matter where in the apartment he does it. Granted its not that big of a place so yeah...

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's what I was worried about the air freshener I have now is fine for them. I don't let anyone spray perfumes in my room for that reason to. But some air fresheners are safe for them. I know defusers are and the gel things I use but they don't seem to last long enough.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I personally wouldn't use any artificial air fresheners for the safety of the rats.

Maybe look into organic essential oils if you really are set on having some sort of scent in the room.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts