Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rats HATE solid water but they stink!!! *holds nose/looks away*

Should I make them take a bath and what soap/shampoo should I use?

Please a-asap.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I use baby shampoo, but I've read you can also use puppy/kitten shampoo.

My rats hate the water too, they climb all over me to get out, but I just take the pain knowing that sometimes they need to get cleaned.

Just make sure not to get any water on their face, eyes, or ears.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
My rats also hate water. Odin will claw me to death during baths but he has bad skin due to a fat gene or something like that. My vet said lots of big rats have bad crusty skin D: Poor Odin. Yeah so because of those crusties I have to bathe him. I've also tried giving him Omega-3 oils to help.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I use a medicated dog shampoo when baby wipes just aren't enough.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I use baby shampoo or kitten shampoo. My guys love their baths though because I have started them out early with it. Iriquois dives into the wtaer as soon as I am even close to the tub. I bathe them twice a month sometimes more.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lucky you.....

I'll try the baby wipe and I hope to raty heaven that will work.

For now anyway.....

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I gave Una her first bath and she hates me now.... *sniff*

·
Registered
928 Posts
u can get speical rodent wipes i had them for daisy they are amazing, i cant rember the name of them but will keep my eye out for them!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Nicodemus hates baths, he'll either jump onto my arm to crawl out, or go to the other end of the tub where i can't reach him. :lol:

I haven't yet given Starr a bath though, I probably should start her out getting used to them early..

I don't usualy use any type of shampoos, just get him nice and soaked, I'm afraid he'll ingest it or something and get sick. :(

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I used baby shampoo.

She's starting to get over the bath... :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
every rat I've had HATES baths. I use a shampoo I found at the petstore called "pet sensations small animal shampoo" they make her smell really nice :) they come in "cucumber melon" and "Raspberry" o.o
they both make my rat smell so good X3

·
Registered
814 Posts
I must be pretty lucky because my Nazy just sits in the sink and takes his bath. Wanna know whats wierd? he even BOOGLES!!! I'll take a vedio some time. I don't think he knows he's a rat lol. I gave all the babies baths as well to get them use to it so maybe they wont hate it as much. It went well :D. I use a Bunny shampoo that I also use for my bunny :D. Or else baby shampoo if I don't have my bunny shampoo.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I..... I think... I tramatized Una..... *sniff* She just wont play with me the way she used to..... *Wahhaaaahaaaaaaa!!!!!* LOL

*Sniff*

1 - 20 of 31 Posts