Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again everyone :)

Just a quickie, is it ok to blow dry rats after a bath? I'm talking very low heat, holding the dryer far, just to speed up drying. Addo gets the shivers after bathies and won't stay still for a towel dry! He doesn't mind bathing so much so I guess I'm lucky in some ways.

What is the best thing next to pet shampoo to use, is baby shampoo ok, like Johnsons Baby no more tears? We used that on my puppy as recommendation by my vet.

Also Edgar (for those of you who know about him) is getting a bit better I think, he's hanging on for his next vet apt. on Wednesday!

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I've always blow dried my sisters guinea pig (better to get the 'tumble dryer' look that way) but I can't see why it would be bad, as long as it's kept on a low heat and you keep your hand near the blast - if you feel it getting too warm, give it a little break etc

I use Johnsons, but I remember reading somewhere on here that it's got something in it which isn't too good - but it won't stop me using it because I never bathe my rats regular - only once in a blue moon and as they need it. I've also used Herbal Essences shampoo on them (a tiny amount) and yes yes, before anyone says don't use human shampoo - as I said i don't use it on a regular basis and I was advised to use something more than just baby shampoo by the vet!

So yes - blow dryer yes, shampoo yes (in my opinion)

And it's good to hear about Edgar. Keep hangin' in there buddy! Give rat love from my clan to yours lol

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, will do :) Ed was just enjoying some smoked salmon :eek:

Hm, thanks for the info, I'm the same. Boys get a bath if and when they need it, they're pretty clean!

·
Registered
330 Posts
im glad to hear edgar is getting better!:D and i use jhonson aby shampoo no more tear too! (but rarely) and they don seem to mind it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts