Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a much larger cage and make the switch to fleece, but the fleece isn't absorbing the pee and my babies are walking in it. They smell now :( . I have two pregnant rescue rats and I don't want to cause them too much stress by bathing them. Are there any products you can recommend to help me clean them and make them smell better? I heard scentless baby wipes, but I want to make sure it's completely safe first. Please help?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Scentless baby wipes are great... If they are particularly stinky, I'll spray some apple cider vinegar:water mix onto a paper towel and rub them down with that.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Just be aware that your rats may smell like salad for a bit if you rub them down with ACV

·
Registered
265 Posts
I found in the small animal section at walmart a waterless shampoo for like 3 bucks. That's what I use on my rats when they start to smell. It doesn't say it is specifically for rats but it says it's for small animals who don't do well in the bathtub and the ingredients seemed safe to me. it's just foamy soap and you suds them up with it and then wipe it off with a towel. it's really easy and i can just do it right in my room. It works really well and lasts for a few weeks. You could check out the small animal aisle at walmart and see if it's there and look at the ingredients for yourself to see if you feel comfortable using it if you are a person who is really worried about that stuff. I can say that nothing bad has ever happened to my rats though lol not every walmart necessarily carries it in their small animal section though cuz every walmart stocks their animal sections differently based on need for their particular customers so you'd have to see if yours has it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts