Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took all 3 of my older girls to play upstairs in my bathroom for the first time. I dont know why I havent done this before because its the perfect size room with no escape areas. They were unsure about it and really couldnt decide whether or not to stay on my shoulders or come down. About 30 minutes into playing I thought maybe if I hop in the tub where they cant get to me (or so I thought since its a raised claw-foot tub), theyll be more inclined to investigate. So I hop in the tub and sit down, they all run to the door like I ran out that way magically somehow, and than proceeded to scamper about. They finally found me and had to let me know just how good of jumpers they are and that mom apparently did not find a good enough hiding spot. I had my hands out trying to prevent them from bumping their heads on the ledge of the tub incase they went for it. Willow jumped, landed directly on top of my hands. All 3 girls followed and we explored the tub without any water in it. Had to share, they crack me up with something new every day. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
wow, I JUST did this yesterday! I let my two girls scamper around on the floor in my bathroom and they loved it! Though they wouldn't stay off of me for very long, they would jump off my knee, sniff about two feet away from me, than quickly run back to me and hide in my hair, QUITE adorable.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Oreo never strays far from me during free range time. And half of the time he wants to be on my shoulder anyway. I take that as a good sign that he's comfortable with me. Raisin will explore for several minutes at a time but comes back frequently for reassuring. Again, I view this as them considering me a safety net which I find comforting.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, its nice knowing your their "safe zone". I think tonight we'll go back in there again for more playtime and I'll see if they are less scared. Fe more days and they should enjoy it in there. Specially with all the toys I drag in there!

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'll have to try my bathroom out for free-range time. My roommate and I usually use the upstairs hallway, but we have to block the exit with a box, and Bob recently has been able to jump on top of it. The only problem with the bathroom is that I'll have to check with all of my roomies before using it- the only shower in the house is in there, and I've got four roommates!

·
Registered
22 Posts
thats a good idea - i might try that! bet they would love it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts