Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just was giving my female albino a bath about 5 minutes ago and I noticed she had red dots on her back. I tried to get a closer look and to me it looks like it is some kind of wound. Worried, i finished cleaning her up and dried her with a towel, and tried to take some pictures. These were the best pictures I got. Anyone have any clue of what it could be? I'm not sure what bug bites look like on rats, rashes, etc. So please let me know what you guys think it could be!!

IMG_1477.jpg IMG_1480.jpg

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Id treat for mites using revolution for puppies. You only need three drops, you can order it from petsofoz joespetmeds or petshed. Treat all your rats.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it only available online? I just cleaned all of their toys, litter pans, trays and fleece. I'll have to go ahead and buy some regardless, should I bring her to the vet to get a checkup?

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
It's not necessary but a vet could prescribe it or ivermectin for small animals. The proper ivermectin isn't available to consumers and revolution isn't available without a prescription except from New Zealand. Hence the sites.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll go ahead and contact my vet just so I can get all my ratties checked out then, thank you so much!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts