Rat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to get baytril online? It seems to be the only thing that will help with Jojo's sneezing

·
Registered
544 Posts
In the US you don't need a prescription, but in the UK, you do.

If your in the UK and need baytril for your rattie, you have to ask a vet for it i'm afraid...
Its so annoying! My vet isn't rat savvy so whenever i ask for baytril, he doesn't give me enough and tells me to put it in their water. (Not that i do xD)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankfully I am not in the UK though. I had baytril at one point for Jojo since he had a bad mite problem and it helps the skin also and during that time I noticed his sneezing practically vanished but it's a pan to constantly go to the vet and pay 90$ just to get some baytril that I would get for far less without an appointment

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I hope you have better luck with gouldian than I did. The bottle arrived broken :(

·
Registered
190 Posts
What exactly does it do? Is it sort of like an allergy medicine?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It helps calm myco flair ups and calms irritated skin / helps skin heal

·
Registered
219 Posts
What exactly does it do? Is it sort of like an allergy medicine?
Just to clarify, Baytril is Enrofloxacin, which is a broad-spectrum antibiotic used to treat myco flare ups, secondary respiratory infections, UTIs and other bacterial infections in rats, humans and other animals.
The Baytril linked is like many of the choices sold online and is a 10% solution. As such, it needs to be diluted before going into a rat's mouth. As this concentration, it can be caustic to a rat's tongue and cause mouth injuries.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay I just ordered it now how do I dilute it? Mix it with some yogurt or do I just add some water?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts