Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turns out all he needed was to have a wide open space. I've been letting him and Gustav run around in the kitchen and some carefully monitored time in the backyard.

I have found that Beadle just loves to explore the garden box (which is 100% organic, no pesticides of any kind allowed) and play in the loose dirt. He pretty much bounces around in the grass. Gustav much prefers to sit in my lap while I watch for hawks.
Already he has been showing improved body condition, and it's helped to really tire them out before I go to work.

I need to get some other folks to help me watch them outside so I can get my camera out and take pictures of them playing in the grass, it's really cute.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
If he likes digging in the grass you could also grow grass in the cage for him to dig through. I've thought about doing that for my rats but I kill every plant I try to grow

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I had the skills to build them a wider tank, so that they could have a big digging area. I might just turn my old shallow centipede tank (not good for centipedes... they can fling themselves out) into a digging box. I've heard rats like cat grass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts