Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, yet another topic by me (sorry)!

I noticed that in a lot of your 'meet my rat' pictures, that your cages are lined with carpet or material. The man in the pet shop gave me 'megasorb' (spelling?), and I naturally lined the bottom of the cage with it. On the top level (my cage has a shelf level), I put soft shredded paper bedding.

I was wondering whether I was right or wrong to line the whole lower level with this 'megasorb' stuff, would material not get dirty/smelly?

In one particular picture I noticed there was a tupperware type box filled with what looked like this megasord material, that type of thing.

I'd appreciate feedback :D

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
my cages are lined with kitty litter, the paper variety, which the ratties take great delight in tossing out of the bottom of their cages (they know how much i love vacuuming... NOT!!) for bedding i give them old towels that i buy at one of the local op-shops for a couple bux each, some fleece squares and either newspaper or lined school paper for them to shred. the towels i toss when they are sufficiently destroyed (at least one per cage per week), the paper gets tossed at the same time, and the fleece squares i just throw in the wash with my clothes. so far, they havent complained or asked for something better/different...

·
Registered
814 Posts
I do mostly the same thing, My guys live on towel and old shirts. I wash everything every 5 to 6 days. I clean their cages every 2 days but wash a little less than that :p. I love my towel because you wouldn't even know I have rats if they didn't come into their cages and say hello lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My guys live on this insanely wonderful product called Carefresh. I adore it. It has like, no odor and is really dry and absorbent. Makes life a whole lot easier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
staarlight said:
My guys live on this insanely wonderful product called Carefresh. I adore it. It has like, no odor and is really dry and absorbent. Makes life a whole lot easier.
Yea i use Carefresh bit on the pricey side but it duz its job well :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts