Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crud - meant that title to say Bedding for atomic chewers, lol!

Hey all, new here and new to rats. I got my son(13) 2 little girls a few weeks ago. We have been *trying* to use fleece liners w/ the uhaul pad underneath. We also have an array of hammocks and pouches and tubes hanging in the cage and things to chew on. Ofcourse, these little atomic chewers love to chew the fleece! Especially the liner on the bottom of the cage. So, they get under the fleece & uhaul pad, pee and poo all over the place. Then the place starts to stink up. Soooooo, whats the next best thing? They are in a rat manor so there is a tray on the bottom. I read carefresh is too dusty, I read people love carefresh....I read aspen stinks, I read there is no smell with aspen.... I really like the ease of fleece, meaning it's easy to switch out and doesn't require a vacuum after.

If I made a liner that went all the way around the pan, like up the sides, would they still chew it up? They are only two little rats, but their cage looks like a hurricane lol!!

By the way, this forum has been a wealth of info for us! Thx!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I use aspen chips and shavings from Harlan Teklad. I don't get smell for up to 2 weeks with spot cleaning and using litter boxes. I have some chewers too. When I was using fleece liners, I found that sewing grid lines all over the liners and accessories kept chewing at bay... kind of.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts