Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that kaytee bedding is bad and food. but i just want to make sure.

isnt the bedding dusty?

and the food my cause cancer?

and what brands brands do you recommend?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Kaytee's pet foods are very poor quality but some of their beddings are okay. You just need to avoid the pine and cedar beddings in any pet supply brands (I don't really recommend corn cob either). Honestly, most commercial rat food sold is crap (though Kaytee's is one of the worst), the only one I'd ever recommend would be Regal Rat which is put out by Oxbow.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. i could not find any rat food brands that where hafe way good.
i made sure to get aspin bedding.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Ugh...I bought my rats Kaytee blocks because it was the only lab block I could find on the market (if you can even call it a lab block...I use the term loosely) in my area. I read the ingredients the other day, and I felt like a bufoon; the first one is corn and following soon after is alfalfa. A lab block is supposed to be a complete diet, and this one is far from complete. And the price is terrible, by the way. LoL, sorry, my rant is over...just hoping to prevent somebody else from making the same mistake that I did.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I feel terrible because every time I sell rats to someone at work as a pet we have no good-quality food to go along with them. :( The only rat food we carry is made by Kaytee. We have a few other types, aside from the lab blocks, but they're all made by Kaytee nonetheless.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm in the UK and bought Reggie Rat food because I thought it is the most reputable brand here, but I don't actually know if it's the best. I've never even heard of these 'blocks', are they just an American rat owners thing or does anyone know if they're sold everywhere? They sound like a good way of making sure the rat gets everything he/she needs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts