Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi... so one of my rats, Frigga, has been having some problems lately with her mouth. It started as an abnormal grownth of one of the superior teeth, so I trimmed it once a week using scissors as I was told to do. But eventually the problem got worse, her teeth started to bend sideways and now the mouth of the poor thing is a complete mess, and it's swollen really badly in one part. I don't know what to do, she has lost weight, though she still eats, or at least tries to, and it's obvious that she is not well because of the porphyrin and her movements, which are rather slow and clumsy now.
I'm gonna take her to the vet, but here (I live in Spain) vets are known for being just after your money and not offering proper solutions to health problems, specially with pets as uncommon as rats. Tht's why I thought I'd rather consult this forum before to see what it could be and what is the best treatment, or if she has to be put down, which is sad, but obviously she is suffering :(
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately there seems to be little information regarding rat teeth problems on the internet. I'll try to take her to the vet tomorrow and see what are my options, I wished I knew more about the subject beforehand but let's just see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts