Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I just lost my almost 4 year old female rat, Trinity. She was the mama of the group, always keeping the other 2 trouble makers out of trouble. I adopted Trinity from the shelter I work at just a few months ago. I knew she was old, and I wanted to bring her home to my other 2 rats, and give her the best time of the life she had left. I am a huge supporter of animal rescue, since I do work at an animal shelter. Now that she has passed, I feel as if my family is incomplete. I have the two trouble makers, but no mama. I don't want to just another ratty from a pet store. I know there are so many rats out there that really need homes. Everday, I check my work to see if there are any new ratty's that need homes. So besides the shelter, does anyone have any ideas where I can bring home a ratty in need?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Depending on where you live, there might be a small animal rescue near by. I usually look on pet finder. Or search for one on google.

·
Registered
996 Posts
If you give a general idea of your location, I'm sure some of the kind members here may know of a rescue near you. :) Or you could check your local Craig's List. I find many people rehoming their rats there and some rescues even advertize there. ^_^ If no one is advertizing there, you could put an ad out saying you're looking to adopt.

Best of luck! I'm sure you'll find the perfect mama rat for your family. ^_^

·
Registered
863 Posts
Sorry you lost Trinity. There are a lot of local rat groups on facebook. I'm active on the Florida Rat Community and there are always people posting oops litters for adoption. You can check there (facebook) for a group in your area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts