Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't for me, but for my friend. She has two girls and she'll be introducing two more girls to them. Her current girls are around 8 weeks and her new girls will be anywhere from 3-5-ish weeks (the breeder is letting them go young, sadly :( ).

I'm not sure if introducing babies to babies is different than adults to babies or babies to adults. I also don't know where the "cutoff point" is for females where babies have to be 12 weeks old to be introduced to them.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
If she intros soon it should be nothing. If she waits her girls will hit puberty and start being finicky. I would try them in a bathtub or somewhere neutral.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the approx. age for girlies hitting puberty, Nanashi, if you don't mind me asking? For some reason I was thinking around 12 weeks or so, is that right?

But before then, will babies generally be accepting of one another? I know people often have problems with babies to adults, but I actually don't think I've ever heard about babies to babies before. o_o

Anything in particular (specific to babies) she should be looking for? Other than general ratty puffing and hissing and whatnot (if babies will even do that?)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts