Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so, through all my readings, I've come to the conclusion that Petco is apparently a bad place to buy ratties.

I live in South Dakota and there aren't many other places for me to go to. There's a small, private business that we've had bad experiences with, and Petsmart just moved in.

So I'm left with corporate conglomerates and a small business that probably only carries feeders anyway.

Where did all of y'all pick up your lil' guys?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
We have a chain here in South Carolina (not sure if they're in other states or not) called Animal Supply House. We've had two rats from there, both feeder rats, and have had no problems *touches wood* They get their rats from a local breeder, rather than have them bulk bred like some larger pet stores might.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I found mention of a rattery in south dakota online called Dakota Winds Rattery in Clear Lake, SD but that's all I found. I don't know if it's still in business.

ooh contact info:
Dakota Winds Rattery (DAK)
Clear Lake
Rats, breeder
Shipping-no, but will drive to Minneapolis, Sioux Falls or Fargo to meet you
Member of NARR, Rat Fan Club
Ramona Lundberg- [email protected]

They will drive to meet you too! You should attempt to e-mail them

·
Registered
181 Posts
Your best bet would be a rattery or rescue. At least by getting it from one of those two, you can get a socialized one. Not to mention if you got a pair of females from a petstore they could be pregnant!

I'll see about finding some ratteries near you. You could also contact Wee Companions (http://www.weecompanions.com) and see if they have a transport of rescues coming your way. They currently have some very pretty rescue rats in very much need of homes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts