Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My four boys were sharing one water bottle. But when I let them out for free range, they would always run into the rabbit's cage and play in his water dish. I had been meaning to get another water bottle so they weren't crawling and pushing each other at times. But instead I went and got them one of the dishes that screws to the side of the cage. But I didn't want to put it down low where they could fling stuff in it. So, i put it about halfway up the CN on the opposite side of the shelf, with a lava ledge to stand while they drink/bathe. So not only do they have to climb if they want to use the bowl, they also trim their nails! They still have their water bottle when they're feeling lazy, hahah.

·
Registered
244 Posts
What a great idea! I forgot about the option to attach a water dish to the side of the cage rather than place it on the cage floor.

I recently lost one of my rats and temporarily have only one rat right now. She has four water bottles in her four story cage---one on each level. It's nice to be able to give our rats easy access to water wherever possible.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and ideas!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts