Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking my two rats to the vet today. It's my first time, so I'm wondering what the best way to transport them would be? It's not too cold (37 degrees) today so I'm not too worried about that, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!!:D

·
Registered
437 Posts
I bought some small pet carriers and I just stuff a blanket in and take them in those. How are you getting there (as in, walking, driving, public transport etc...?)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be driving, so I'll make sure my car is warm before I go. I do have a cat carrier for my kitty, I didn't think about that. Do you think it's ok to put them in there with a blanket?

·
Registered
195 Posts
To bring my guy home I used a cleaned out cat carrier with a clean towel in the bottom for him to cuddle in if he wanted. I also draped my coat over teh carrier as I was moving to and from the car so that he wouldn't get a breeze.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I will be driving, so I'll make sure my car is warm before I go. I do have a cat carrier for my kitty, I didn't think about that. Do you think it's ok to put them in there with a blanket?
As long as they can't get out of it then I think it should be fine, good luck at the vet i hope everything is okay with your ratties! :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Aww... I'm so sorry! I hope the vet visit goes well and you get the medicine they need!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts