Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so since I am most likely going to get a friend for Lilly, I will be needing a bigger cage. What size is ideal for 2 rats? And I noticed some people mentioned Martins Cages so I checked it out and they are very decent prices. Does anyone have any suggestions on Big but under $100 cages good for two ratties? :roll:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also have that cage and love it, lots of room..it can fit 4 rats.. if you order online right now you can get it for $85.00 shipped.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm that does look like a nice one....ahg the price is still pretty high I can get a bigger one than that for less with Martins....ahg I don't know! lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was going to get a martins as well but after reading about all wire cages and feet and leg problems with wire ramps/shelves I decided to get this one becuase it provides good ventilation with the wire surface but has plastic ramps and shelves.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
The most cost effective large cages would likely be converted bird cages or something from a second hand shop. ;) Remember with online shopping to include shipping costs in your calculations... cages can be very heavy and cost tons to ship. :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
T6D16C84 said:
That's another nice thing about that cage from PetSmart, shipping is free on orders over 50$
Shipping is $0.00 when I buy it at my local Petsmart lol jk jk jk You guys are right though. I looked at Martins and did a fake checkout and my shipping would be $30!!!! lol making a $71 cage cost $102.95 hahah forget that.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Have you checked Craigslist for cages? I've seen incredible deals on big cages there (including a FN 142 for $80). I know there are other similar sites, but I can't recall any offhand..

Otherwise, I think that Super Pet cage is really nice. I don't have it, and I'm not generally a fan of Super Pet, but the bar spacing is perfect, and it's a good size. Super Pet cages are epoxy coated, which won't come off like the powder coating of Martins cages will (I've seen some in really bad shape). So if you don't find anything else, I think the Super Pet would be a good way to go ^_^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts