Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well first of my rats dont seem to chew on anything but there cage but i see that alot of your dose. but my gerbils chew everything so this is what i do for them. first i have to birds a sever macaw and a duble yellow headed amizon i have to buy them alot of wood toys and stuff when they brake of a good chunk of the wood pices i take them and make sure there isnot bird poo on it and give them to my gerbils and they love them. i figured it just an idea if you have birds to.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i find that the rats i ever had LOVE chicken bones. i just give them the leftover bones after one of my meals. that's what i do for chewing issues. but they do have bird toys in their cage. i use the ropes for the parrots and the nesting hammock thingys. i also use a hamster ball tied to the side for a hidy hole and a ferret corner litter pan as an extra little level and cuddle spot. i know of some people that use the hanging toys you can get for birds, the ones with the bells and all the little blocks of wood. mine ignore them but i'm sure there's rats out there that would love them. i also use some cat toys when playing with them. they seem to like to play tag with the kitty balls and love to chase the feathers on a stick. i've heard of some toys specailly made for rats but i've yet to come across them, i mena other then the huts but normally they have pictures of other animals on them as well. and of course there's the homemade toys of toliet paper tubes stuffed with treats and hung from the cage.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Just make sure that if you're going to feed chicken bones, or any other type of protein/meat, Camel, to do so in moderation. Too much protein can cause itchy skin and scabs on the rat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts