Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my girls for around a month now, and they've been mostly fine. However, the smaller, younger(?) one (Bulbina) has bitten my ears and drawn blood both times. The first time, I had her on my shoulder as I usually do, and she just kind of bit my left ear out of nowhere?? I have a really high pain tolerance, so I didn't freak out/yell or anything, I just let her climb off of my shoulder and back into her cage. And the second time, I was giving them both some apple/strawberry baby food on a spoon and she climbed up my arm and onto my other shoulder to be able to climb onto the top of their cage. I didn't want to scare her sister so I kinda picked Bulbina up off of the cage and put her back onto my shoulder, so she ran from shoulder to shoulder kinda quickly before stopping and biting my right ear hard enough to draw blood and later bruise. Again, I just kinda put her back into the cage.
I was kind of rushed into buying them from Petsmart (I was trying to find a rescue/breeder), so their cage is just the biggest birdcage we could find at the time. They have a Critter Nation on the way, but it was delayed a few weeks due to an address mix up, so they'll (hopefully) be getting it today. I'm not sure if the cage has anything to do with it. Please help, because I don't know what I'm doing wrong???

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts