Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my Lilly passed away she left behind her two daughters, Ruby and Thistle. Thistle takes after her dad, who sadly passed away before he could meet them. She's a dumbo like Jasper and has a very mellow personality and like her father, she loves blankets and napping.
Ruby on the other hand doesn't really take after either parent personality wise, but at some angles she looks like her mum. The day before yesterday Ruby was grooming Juniper and her eyes were half lidded and I glanced over and automatically choked up. She looked just like her mum. Her and Thistle are a year and three months old so their muzzles have that graying going on that all adult rats get.
There for a split second I mistook Ruby for Lilly and a mix of hope and excitement blossomed in my chest but was quickly overshadowed by hurt and loss as cold reality set in.

I had to get her out and love on her, which earned me a dirty look as she tried to squirm out of my grasp. I miss my Lilly, but I'm so thankful for her two little hellions. I honestly do wish the Rainbow Bridge had visiting hours.

Mammal Vertebrate Rat Muridae Gerbil Rat Muridae Whiskers Leg Claw My Lilly

Cage Animal shelter Gerbil Pet supply Muridae Miss Ruby

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Barely a day goes by when I don't remember Caius; sometimes I count rats and go "11...wheres number twelve?". Sometimes sleepy Circe comes up and kisses me and in the right light I think it's her mother. Each time my heart flutters with hope, but I always have that moment of "oh.".

I am thankful in a way for these moments as it means Caius memory is alive in her mischief.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what I'm going to do when the twins pass. It kills me to think that after they're gone there won't be any living descendants of Lilly left. I miss her terribly.
I bought this necklace a few months before she passed because it looked like her; it brings me comfort because she's always with me.
Locket Jewellery Pendant Fashion accessory Necklace

·
Registered
68 Posts
Losing Squeak has been like that too, I don't think I can get another black and white bareback again, I've had my girls for 33 and 4 weeks and every time they sneeze or act weird I get so scared so now I'm a super paranoid rat mom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts