Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I put a bowl of kibbles into the rat's cage and poured a little fresh kibbles on top. I completely forgot that the bowl already had some kibbles that had previously been wet from some baby food 3 or 4 days ago. There were fresh kibbles in the bowl too. I took out the bowl this morning to fill it, and when I looked in I thought the rats had just pushed some squished poop into the bowl. I kept looking at it, and realized it was black, molded over kibbles!!!!! I'm scared they might have eaten some.. I can't believe I forgot about it or didn't throw it away before I went out of town a few days ago.. Everyone is acting ok now.. and there were fresh kibbles in the bowl as well. I'm hoping no one ate any.. Should I do anything? Or just wait and see if anything happens? I feel really terrible....

·
Registered
159 Posts
All you can really do is wait and see): I know it sucks having to do that. Make sure they have fresh water so incase they did eat any of it the water could help dilute the mold.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I got home from work a little while ago and everyone is still perky and happy. Whew. I was feeling terrible and worrying about them today.. Thank goodness they seemed to be able to tell which kibbles were bad, and knew not to eat them! My smart little guys!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts