Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those who know a fair more deal than I do about rats,

I recently noticed that my the third toe on my rat's feet is bleeding... The release of blood is not heavy and I believe I did a stupid thing when I tried to swipe a little neosporin (anti-baterial ointment) on it--namely because my rat, Lucky licked it after. I should've seen that coming. :(

Are there any suggestions on what I should do other than wait for the wound to heal on its own?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
if it's just a scrape on the toe that is bleeding, i wouldn't worry too much about it. i use a little neosporin on my rats too sometimes, as i don't think that they lick enough of it up to be harmful to them. other than that, there isn't really anything to do for it. keep and eye on it and keep us posted!

·
Registered
261 Posts
i think the neosporin oinment might help a little. we used that on our rattie lola when she had scraped, or cut migth be a better word, her foot too. she got it stuck between the cage bars and so we had to deal with that. the neosporin cream is unharmful to animals and people if they swollow to much of it, but for your rattie, it would work out pretty much. i would even recemmend you keep putting a dab of neosporin on your rats scrape a little every morning you wake up and before you go to bed untill the scrape heals. you and your rattie take care and keep us updated.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
rattusnorvegicus said:
i think the neosporin oinment might help a little. we used that on our rattie lola when she had scraped, or cut migth be a better word, her foot too. she got it stuck between the cage bars and so we had to deal with that. the neosporin cream is unharmful to animals and people if they swollow to much of it, but for your rattie, it would work out pretty much. i would even recemmend you keep putting a dab of neosporin on your rats scrape a little every morning you wake up and before you go to bed untill the scrape heals. you and your rattie take care and keep us updated.
That cut is non-existent rattus...its been 5 days :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.