Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Blanche has had sudden bloating. It started 2 days ago. I have her on stool softener mixed with soy beverage. She seems a bit better this morning; a bit more active and she appears to be a little less bloated in her belly. But I could be imagining it. Here is hoping she will get past this health issue. She looks so miserable just lying around not wanting to cause her usual havoc.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No improvement tonight. Worse than ever actually. I now have her on a laxative as well as the stool softener. Poor furry :(

·
Registered
918 Posts
I'm so sorry your Blanche is going through this. How old is she an how long have you had her? Has she been pooping at all, and if so what is it looking like? Have you taken her to a vet yet or have you already scheduled an appointment?

Bloating can be caused from a number of things, and most of them internal, which is why a vet would be better at telling you what's going on.

In the meantime have you taken pictures of her? Maybe it'll help illustrate how bloated she is.

I hope Blanche feels better soon.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Off to the Vet we go. *sigh*

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blanche is not constipated as I thought. Her liver is enlarged causing a circulatory dysfunction in the abdomen. The Vet said she is full of cancer. I had her pts.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the kind words ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts