Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I just wanted to ask a question about my rat, Remy. Remy is a fancy hooded rat, and i got him on April 23, 2014 when he was about 6 months old s he is a little over a year now. I had a question about blood i found on his paper towels (which he uses for bedding) and i have been finding this for a couple of months or a month, thinking it was just him maybe scarping himself when he scratches, but i also need to apply new flea treatment to him this month because he does have them and maybe was the blood coming from his scratching himself from the fleas? Thats what im figuring, but one night i found 2 dry spots of blood on his foot, almost like a cut or scrape, and i wondered if it could be coming from his foot? He has no cage mates so it isn't from fighting, im not sure but my best guess is scratching? Its not a whole ton of blood, just like tiny spots of blood on the paper towels and his cloth houses/blankets. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Are you sure it's blood? I couldn't quite determine if you said you found the source of the blood or not from your description. Could it be porphorin that he cleaned off himself and it dried on his paws?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty cure its blood, but I will try and post a picture of it. I sort of found the source of it. There was some on the top of his foot. I don't think so because it was on his back paw. I will try an deposit a picture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts