Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thor has blood coming from out of his ear and down the side of his face and then on the tip of one of his back feet. Do you think he just scratched too deep? Is there anything I need to do? This isn't anything serious right? Please tell me it isn't

·
Registered
335 Posts
It does sound like he may have scratched his ear with his sharp nails. Try to wipe off the blood from his ear with a warm, wet cloth and see if you can see a scratch. I doubt that he scratched inside his ear too deep. One of my girls did this and it was just a minor scratch that healed in a day or so. But you've got to clean up the blood first to know what you're dealing with.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He won't let me see much at all. He got most of the blood off before me though. But I can't see inside his ear to tell because he doesn't like to be touched.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If he got most of the blood off by cleaning up himself that seems like a good sign that it may not be anything major. I know how it is with fussy rats though, one of my boys doesn't like to be held or pet either but try to get a hold of him so you can look at it whether he likes it or not. It's good that it doesn't seem to be continuously bleeding. It is probably a minor scratch but you really do need to look in there to make sure. And I would look for signs of distress as well over the next several hours and tomorrow to see if he seems to be in any kind of immense pain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts