Rat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help. I brought a little girl home yesterday afternoon. She is probably two months old. She was fine until this morning. I noticed thick dark blood seeping out of her vulva. I googled it and it says it could be: a uterine tumor (probably too young, right?), a miscarriage, or an infection of some sort.
What could it be? I have Baytril, should I give her some? Please help. I already fell in love with her. She sits on my shoulder and is already potty trained and is the sweetest girl I've ever met.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already called the vet. It stopped bleeding, but Im still worried.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I would definitely take her to the vet. I'm so sorry. :'(

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Vet immediately

·
Registered
171 Posts
When I had this happen, I took my girl to the emergency vet. They weren't sure what it was but they gave her Baytril and it cleared it up. We ended up assuming it had been a UTI or other sort of infection.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
It could be pyometra which is a nasty uterine infection and is lethal if not treated right away. I know that one of our members, Nanashi7, had one of her girls espayed due to her bleeding. She defiantly NEEDS to see a vet right away. If she's bleeding heavy or was bleeding heavy she may need a spay. Best of luck, keep us informed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts