Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the "new" rats bit Lola. Her foots bleeding. I rinsed it and let her settle on my shoulder (after she had left bloody foot prints allover me :) ). I feel really sad for her, I wonder if being a parent feels a bit like this?
Well everyone back in thier own cages for today, all calm now :)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
aww, yeah looks like you need to wait a week and try again then. Don't rush intros too much. Intros are sooo difficult. Here we have had several injuries and several nipped toes that wouldn't stop bleeding T_T It's been hard I've given them a couple weeks break and am going to give them bathes and try again one last time.

Neuters are $100 everywhere I have looked. That is 2 out of the three vets around here I know of to see rats. Bert may be getting neutered as he is the most fear agressive rat but I would love to neuter everyone. I just don't have $500 laying around O_O

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
ladylady said:
I wonder if being a parent feels a bit like this?
Well everyone back in thier own cages for today, all calm now :)
It is worse LoL every time one of my kids gets hurt and are in terars it rips my heart out!! I cry with them most of the time. I mean granted I LOVE my rats and I feel horrible when one of the gets hurt but when it is your kid!! OMG it is the end of the world. For instance when my son was five or so he decided to jump off the couch and did a faceplant on the hard wood floors chin first. He needed five stitches well he came to me as soon as it happened calm as could be and said "Mommy felld down" (the d is supposed to be at the end of that it is how he said it) "And i saucy but i got blood on my shirt" (he pronounced sorry suacy) I FREAKED!!! he wasn't even crying and I was hysterical LoL anyway yeah it is kind of like being a parent but at a much less degree LoL

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol:
ripped my lip open when I was wee and had to get it stiched, they had to turf me off the bed cus my mum fainted :lol:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
LoL i almost did when Nathniel got his stitches he was such a trooper! still freaks me out though! I hate when my kids get hurt they are my life!! Poor kids are gonna grow up hating me for hovering so much LoL I remember when my oldest rat got hurt i all jumped into mom mode and ordered my hubby around he was so freaked he turned ten shades of white at the site of the blood i would hate to see it when he is around when the kids get hurt! One time my daughter got sick to her stomach when i was at work and he called and said "Kyanna exploded on the bed room floor" I died laughing came home and it was because he let her drink a whole cup of soda at once and then tickled her!! He is such a funny guy 6'8" and a big teddy bear! Anyway sorry i am babbling i am running on no sleep!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
yeah i though it was cute he was all panicked too like he broke her or something LoL I had to leave work early that night

1 - 8 of 8 Posts