Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all I am new to here but this forum has so much helpful info first I would like to introduce my 2 little guys ther are both males brothers Neeko and Cosmo I will upload pics later I have had them for about 6 months and about A month ago I seen something that looked like spots ov blood all over the cage well then tonight I went to get them out of the cage and Cosmo had blood all over his little nose he was really sneezing he would not come to me he went up into the tube so I could not get him he eventually came out and he had already groomed hisself and also about 2 months ago I came in the room and there was A little puddle of blood not sure from who it came from they both act normal otherwise do you know of any Vets in Indy on the westside that will see Rats Thanks

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hi sherreeree! I'm from Indiana as well, but the southern part. Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, I use 2 vets who are in the southern part of the state and would probably be too far of a drive for you. But I found my small animal vet just by calling around and asking who treated rats in my area; if they don't, they will usually refer you to someone if you ask. I know it can be hard to find in this area. :wink: Maybe try the phone book for small animal and exotic vets? That's what I did until I found somebody I liked.

Have you tried Rockville Animal Hospital?
317-271-2200

They could be really expensive since they're an animal hospital, but they would be more likely to see rats. And they will probably be able to tell you who else sees small animals and exotics in the area.

Sounds like your boys have a respiratory infection, so you're right to seek vet attention. The "blood" is probably poryphin.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts