Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i never read the local newspaper. mostly it just irritates me. but yesterday, for some reason, i decided to pick it up and read it, and i saw an ad for three used ferret cages for $100. i went to check them out, and ended up buying them for $90 (i didn't try to talk the guy down. he talked himself down.) these are the bigger two connected (the smallest one has a little rust on it and i'm not going to attach it until i've painted it.)

the bar spacing is a little big. the top and bottom rows of the black cage are wide enough for skunk to squeeze through, and the other three little ones can poke their heads through anywhere. they aren't brave enough to actually venture out, though. i have found skunk a couple times sitting on the outside of the cage on the tubes, but she doesn't seem to want to go much farther than that, and no furniture is within reach. she doesn't jump down. i'm going to block off the bigger spaces, i think, with hardware mesh as soon as i have time. i'd be open to any better suggestions, though. i figure the little ones will grow into it and not be able to fit through in a couple of months. (by the way, i know this sounds dangerous and kind of silly, having a cage they can escape from. my floor has been rat-proofed, though, and the cage is elevated, and they don't like to jump straight down.)

anyway, i'm just really excited about this find.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
lucky ratties

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you know, i was a little concerned they would ignore the tubes, but all of them like to sleep up in the top one, and the younger ones chase eachother in laps around the bottom one. clementine, my littlest one, is blue, and she's nearly invisible at first glance in the purple tubes. so yeah, they love the tubes.

in fact, here's olive.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'll admit that I'm so jealous! I generally avoid my local paper, and my best friend is the editor!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts