Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working out plans just in case Amira's pups can't find homes. 8 pups is a lot to find homes for and I'm being picky. The three people I've had interested have fallen through when they realized a ten gallon tank or a hamster cage wasn't suitable.

I'm probably going to buy a Fiesty Ferret cage for Amira and the two females I plan on keeping. I have a lot of wire mesh on hand, since I use it for making bin cages for my mice, so wrapping it wouldn't be a problem.

Could I keep the boys in one part of the cage and the females in the other? I've seen some people say its fine, others say they will fight/breed through the bars. The eventual plan would be to get two cages but money wise that's not an option.

Thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I did this with one of my cages for temp. until I got another one. I believe it's fine as long as you make sure that they aren't fighting/breeding like you said. I prevented this by placing cardboard on the bottom shelving of the top half so that they could only hear/smell each other through the air, not directly through the wire or bars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts