Rat Forum banner

Bowls vs Food hoppers

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  OnlyOno 
#1 ·
Right now I am using small ceramic bowls for my ratties' food, but I've been considering getting a food hopper (i.e Lixit) and was wondering what everyone else uses?

#6 ·
Night said:
Food hoppers should never be used. Food should be refreshed/refilled daily, so as to not have spoilage. With food hoppers, stuff is just sitting in there for days. Bowls are best.
Just because a food hopper is used does not mean that it will sit there for a long period of time. Likewise, because someone uses a bowl does not mean it will be fresh-filled daily. It just depends on the person :p I just thought it might be easier to keep out of the way of things.

#7 ·
I like the ones that anchor to the side of the cage, simply because they can't dump them...

#11 ·
i only feed my rats every other day, because otherwise they eat everything but the lab blocks and then wait for more yummier food to sift through. if i make them wait they get bored and eventually clean the bowl out. :) but i have a birdcage for my rats and i like the bowls it came with. untippable! huzzah!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.