Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right guys (& girls). Which rats do you prefer, male or female? In all honesty, I'm more for male rats. They smell bad, they make a mess, they refuse to use the litter tray (or mine do anyway) but they just seem to have more personality. They're lazy and fat and squishy and that just seems to be what I love. Another downside, however, is that the male rats tend to be more of little pests in terms of being a nuisance to the other boys. However, the one time I had girls they were a delight. :D So what'll it be, boys or girls?

·
Registered
71 Posts
i've only ever had my 2 current girls but i wanted them because they have less of a chance of getting aggresive in later life also i like watching them run around the house aimlessly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I prefer males for mostly the same reasons. I like watching them just lounge around. Female rats are too hyperactive in my opinion. I also like larger rats. For those reasons I like male rats over female rats.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I prefer males for the same reasons... what is better then sitting on the sofa, snacking on chips, watching CSI with a ratty who just sits in your lap...perhaps being lucky enough to catch a crumb or two?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I ony have had 3 girls and i wouldnt trade them. however males seem to be laid back whch would be very nice. my girls are nuts.
but i have girls and love the,m!

·
Registered
997 Posts
I love both! I just love being able to play and chase the girls around then go and grab a squish and settle down for a cuddle. :3

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have 2 boys and 2 girls and I like having both because they all have such different personalities. My boys are very lovey and will fall asleep whe I pet them, but then at times they will get hyper and scuttle around. My girls are fun to watch as they scatter everywhere but at times they just want to climb on me and see what is going on. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts