Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So one of the newer girls, Meeka, is... whiny, for lack of a better term. She'll play and she's good with being loved on by humans, and she'll play with the other girls, but as soon as it looks like she's on the losing side of their little wrestling matches, it's all EEKEEKEEKEEKEEK. When we first got her, you couldn't pick her up without her having a fit, but she's finally gotten past that. Now it seems that her sisters get an ear full if they even so much as look at her too long. Can I assume this is a normal thing? Or did I just manage to pick up a bratty rodent?

·
Registered
383 Posts
My Loki was a bit of a whiner. I thought at first that she was being bullied, so I scolded Latte for picking on her. Then I watched Loki chase Penumbra around. Penumbra turned around and pinned Loki, who proceeded to squeak something fierce. So in this case, she was just getting what was coming to her, but man did she let out a cry. Makes me think of a younger sibling annoying the older kid who finally just pushes him away and then the younger cries.

Our Loki also whimpered a lot when being picked up. She has a lot more confidence now when being picked up. I'm not sure if that's translated into play yet. She's 4 weeks younger than the oldest rat, which was a huge size difference but now that my rats are coming onto 2 and 3 months old, she's catching up to them.

I'm not sure if any of this pertains to your situation, but I've had an excessively whiny rat.

·
Registered
265 Posts
My baby girl is like that too. Soo annoying lol cuz she starts 90% of the fights im pretty sure. When I first got her she squeaked if u looked at her wrong. And its so high pitched lol but she was months younger than my boys and was tiny in comparison. Its gotten much better as shes hit puberty but she still does it excessively during their little tiffs that they have a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts