Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
From everything I've read, yes, yes it is fine. Plain bread, however, may get lodged in their throats so I hear that isn't as safe.

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
I feed crusts of bread, and nicely done toast, since its not doughy and not as likely to get caught and make them choke. :)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
since rats don't really hoarde stuff in their cheeks, bread is okay to give them. if i feed regular bread, i feed them crusts because it's a little drier. i give picasso bread with a little olive oil on it for her skin. it does wonders for dry skin and hair.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
my ratties get regular bread i roll it into little balls for them and there has never been any choking though i don't know if i am going to keep doing it hearing that there is a chance LoL but they will still get toast

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Actually, toast is great for rats. Though, aim for healthier types of bread - I wouldn't feed white bread. My rats really love bread soaked in olive oil, plus it's great for their coat! :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
I feed my rats the same breads/toast I eat. 100% whole wheat or multi grain breads, and if they're getting any of my toast it usually has a little low fat margarine on it.

I'm going to try out the olive oil on toast/bread thing. Doris has a nice coat already but Milly could use a little gloss.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yup, my girls like the crusts of my toast ;). I haven't tried olive oil, but when i make the oatmeal I mix in some organic flax seed oil. It does wonders for their coats.

·
Registered
928 Posts
i hope it is to give them toast as a while ago i had my boys out while i was eating beans on toast and toby ran up and nicked 3/4 ov a slice and shared it wiv the others and tryed 2 come bk for more! the cheeky so n so

1 - 11 of 11 Posts