Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed lately M&M hasn't seemed herself. Today she is breathing hard. She also has little scabs on her, which I think is from the other 2 girls...although i never really hear them fight...

She isn't making any weird noises and is pretty active actually....she is bruxing right now for me :) I have her sitting with me at the computer.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i just noticed one of my other girls has a runny nose.....:( i wonder if its from their bedding....i unfortunately have been using pine for a few months now....i know, not good....i am going thrus. to get carefresh bedding for them.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Yeah its prob just from that pine bedding,but if she still is breathing hard after being on the new bedding for a while I would have her checked out. After I had gotten Bob from Petsmart he started getting a runny nose, was breathing hard, sneezing, was getting crusties in his eyes and all that bad stuff, so I took him to the vets and she had told me that he had Chronic murine pneumonia (CMP). This is commen in mice and rats. The doc put Bob on baytril and some other antibiotics and today hes going just great. But Heres the link if you would like to read more about it. It also has other info on there. I hope your Girls feel better after the bedding change. I'm sure they will :)

http://www.ahc.umn.edu/rar/MNAALAS/MiceRat.html#MiscBact

1 - 3 of 3 Posts