Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not ready for a new rat yet, but when I will be ready I want to know where I can go. So I wondered if anyone knew of any reputable breeders in the Indiana area? Do you know where I could find one?

Also I've read something in the past about dwarf or mini rats but can't seem to find the info anymore ^^;; I was wondering if anyone had links to that info or any experiance with them?

I havn't been able to find anything online, but I'm in no rush. It will be awhile before I feel comfortable taking another furbaby in. I just want to poke around links and know where to go with the time comes.

Ohio would be cool too since Chris's family lives there and we visit there every so often :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well, I figure you are too far away from me for a future litter to be of any consequence. I am in Greenup County Kentucky, about 45 minutes from Portsmouth. If that helps you figure out location lol

What states would you be willing to travel to to get babies? I know there should be a breeder in Cincinnati OH, there is one near Pierpoint OH, Columbus, etc.

There are none listed on Ratster, but it's not been updated in quite a while due to technical difficulties. Try a google search under "Indiana ratteries".

Here are a couple links:
Silver Fuzz Rattery in Grand Rapids (Beautiful babies and very reputable)- http://www.silverfuzzrattery.com
Indiana list of rodent breeders- http://www.altpet.net/rodents/IN.shtml

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't live in Ohio, I live in Indianapolis Indiana but Chris has family Canton, OH so we go there every once and a while to visit and could conceivably visit other parts to pick up a new arrival <3 But I would rather find a nice Indiana rattery if I can.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SO I have decided to go with adoption when I feel ready and have found a wonderful adoption center nearby with a few rats that look awesome. This way I can be certain that the rat is friendly and will love people and be outgoing. That's really what I am looking for as I miss having a rat that loves being held.

Bastian is getting better though, but I think he tolerates it more than loves it. He gives tons of kisses but that's just his thing lick lick lick lick. He does it no matter what XD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts