Rat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to have two setups. One with two males and another with two females. Having one male impregnate two females at a time. I would take him back out of the females' setup when they show signs of pregnancy.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Talk of intentional breeding isn't allowed on this site, but i just want to say that your breeding plan sounds a little irresponsible. Breeding isn't just about male+female=babies. You need to put thought and research into genetics and the pros and cons of different lines, health, temperament and how on earth you're going to care for two pregnant rats and then rehome two entire litters at a time...unless your breeding for snake food, in which case i don't know why you'd post this question on a forum full of people who adore rats...

·
Registered
4,580 Posts

·
Banned
6,244 Posts
Oh gawd no! For too many reasons to count this is a recipe for disaster, both financial and for the rats. If you really love rats and you have the time and money to spend on the breeding hobby, please find yourself a good local reputable pet rat breeder to work with, they will teach you everything you need to know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.