Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Remy lives in a super pet ferret cage so he has ledges to go on and everything, which he pees on every day so I or my mom wipe them off each night. My mom wiped off one of the ledges, and she noticed that the pee that showed up on the paper towel was a different color then it usually is. It was only one spot of urine that was bright yellow, and the others were normal I think. Remy is going to be 1 year and 3 months on the 23rd. Is there something wrong? Why was it that color?

·
Registered
76 Posts
My rats would always pee on their shelves and ledges too. Their pee has always been at least a little yellow. I think it is supposed to be yellow. What color is normal for your rats?

·
Registered
835 Posts
What they're saying Puphorse is that it's an abnormally bright yellow as opposed to a pale colored pee.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Usually in humans it just means they are dehydrated so maybe it's the same towards rats?

·
Registered
835 Posts
but is there enough water coming out of the bottle? Test it by just tapping the ball a couple times

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you put vitamin drops in their water? I noticed when i use them it makes their wee a bit florescent, I think a certain vitamin makes your wee a bit bright!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts